AM – jogged over to the BHS track, and did 10 x 200. Started with them being relaxed (ugh – wake up!) 38.5, 38.7, 37.1, 36.9, 36.6, 37.4, 37.0, 36.2, 35.0, 34.6. Tried to run smooth without going into the “pushing” or straining mode – except I upped the ante a touch for the last two. 7.5 miles.
Sort of feel that I am training for training. Meaning I am just doing ground work, base work, purposely holding back for later world of hurt sessions.
Or maybe not.
Tony has a nice description of Green (imagine that!).
PM –8.5 miles. Scoped out some hills that I have been wanting to check out for a while (but have been muddy or snow covered) near my home. These are short, but might be the steepest thing within a mile of my house. I did a few reps (4) on a longer (200m) hill that seems to get steeper as you go along (goes from 2 percent to 15 percent).
Then found another different path – hill and did a rep on that but it was too short and the footpath was not as crisp as I’d like (it was really more a gulley).
Then found another social trail that starts steep (10 percent) but then levels out some(4 percent), but it might be too short (did four reps on this). All good. Some fun exploration. Might go back to the first one again occasionally.
I have 100 over the last six days – and feel pretty dang good.
I feel like that sometimes... as soon as my marathon is done in two weeks, I'll be back on the training for training schedule. I usually say that I am training for the "Rat Race".
ReplyDeleteYeah ... I love just the movement of getting out there as much as possible. But right now I sort of feel like I am holding back, holding back ... it is too early almost to start ripping any sessions.
ReplyDeletethat said, maybe I won't every get to ripping any sessions.
I noticed that Jason Bryant is the only one on your list that hasn't received any votes yet. Not saying that he'll make the top 6, but I've seen him out training and he's probably the most fit he's ever been. I'll give him some local love and say that he'll beat 5 of the people on the list!
ReplyDelete