6 miles. I am surprised as how quickly I am bouncing back. But at the same time, I want to just take a bit of time to chill and assure good recovery. There is still a little quirk in the right leg between the quad and the torso but it is getting better every day. Without thinking about it, the pace has slipped from 10 minutes a mile to 9 to 8 and a half to 8 today. I ain’t going to be looking to start anything serious for a bit in terms of pace or mileage just yet though. I see folks beginning to outline 2012 plans, and I was asked about
Photo credit – Aaron K., I call this “Good looking hats and hair.” Four bloggers in this pic and a neighbor of mine.
I enjoyed Lucho’s latest podcast, and would have even if there were not direct questions I posed that were about me. I think the challenge of this podcast is going to be achieving the balance between general advice against specific guidance. Tim is getting specific questions from specific people but is sort of being asked to answer these in a general frame. Running is simple and general but it gets complicated with all the different distances, shoe types, fueling, compression gear, altitude, hills, speed versus miles, poles, recovery, hydration, mental tactics, cross training, barefoot, ipod, GPS, HR, perceived exertion things. To name a few. In any case, I am stoked to see him taking this up.
JZ took up trumpet this year (in addition to his regular piano) through the elementary school program. He started a few weeks ago – literally, they started just at the end of September. He decided tonight to play some stuff he was interested in rather than the music prescribed.
Thanks G. We're getting hammered right now. I can see an inch an hour coming down. It'll be there within the hour.
ReplyDeleteNo snow down here in Centennial. Yet. Even the rain has stopped. The calm before the storm!
ReplyDeleteMy trumpet playing son loves your trumpet playing son :). He is awesome!!
Not a big dump down here this AM, but about 4 or 5 inches. No school closure and so the kiddoze are a bit pissed.
ReplyDeleteChilly today and tomorrow morning here in Reno but dry as a bone. If you get the chance to run here it should be nice! Let me know if you're looking to run (if you'll even get the chance) some trails here. If times align, I might even be able to guide (if you're still taking it easy). If you'd like you can email me at darren(dot)young(at)abcglobal.net
ReplyDeleteDarren - I am meeting with Ken tomorrow morning over near the Peppermill resort. It would be great if you could join. I will send you the details.
ReplyDeleteDarren - email me at georgezack at the gmail thing. I tried the address above twice and it bounced.
ReplyDeleteJZ saw this vid today and stated ... "Humph! I am much better than that now!"
ReplyDeletedarren's mail is sbcglobal, not abc.
ReplyDeleteAs Tim noted, I'm a clumsy typist. I fall down a lot when I run as well!
ReplyDeleted.