Friday, April 18, 2014

Friday 041814

10.2 miles.  Meh.  Brain wanted to get after it, but the legs let me know within the first couple of strides that was probably not a great idea.  I bopped along easy, catching up on podcasts, taking breaks to take a phone call, get water, and stare at some birds.  Bit warmer than usual. 

The miles all were within 7 seconds of each (7:38 to 45).  Probably a bit much (78 minutes) to call this a recovery effort but I am looking to just keep the basic load up to some degree.

Everest.  Yeah, zero desire for that.

I understand that the USTAF has to secure funding, but a 500 million deal with Nike for the next 25 years really should raise eyebrows.  Yes, especially after the Salazar nuttiness this past winter.

#GOM Rant’o’day … why can’t I buy strike anywhere matches at my grocery but instead have to buy strike on box?

3 comments:

  1. Everest to me: 1) I don't have $50k just lying around, I already checked under my car seat; 2) I would die or lose extremities from the cold; 3) who wants to wait in a huge conga line behind hundreds of gasping flatlanders? #altitudesnob

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sort of complicated... I always keep them in my camp box, hunting packs, etc... but you can still get them. http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/3/prweb9271990.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everest just seems to be a dice roll with death to me. I mean I guess many activities are, but there the dice are loaded.

    Thanks for that insight Andy. I had no idea they were such a national security risk.

    ReplyDelete