Thursday, October 16, 2014

Thursday 101614

My company engages with the International SOS service company and so whenever I book travel to an international location, I immediately get notification of any travel consideration to that location.  Along the way, if anything is of a particular concern, I also get a notification.  Here is their link for their notification on the current ebola scare. 

I am no fan of OSMP’s top dog, Mike Patton, given the decisions that have been made on his watch, so I hope that his retirement announcement means that subsequently we get a new leader that identifies with usage in a more appropriate manner.

Training for a marathon?  Pressed for time?  No problem.  Bill Murray has a brilliant plan.

Long run around London today, checking out various things, taking shots, dodging the sea of humanity down by the river.  First I went by Abbey Road Studios (it is about a mile from my hotel).IMG_2458IMG_2457
Then I made my way over to Regent Park.  A big outdoor art exhibition is going on there.
IMG_2459
I slipped out of the park via the Regent Canal. 
IMG_2460IMG_2461
Then over to Hyde Park, Kensington Park and near Kensington Palace.
IMG_2464IMG_2462IMG_2463
As I swung out of there I saw Royal Albert Hall.
IMG_2465IMG_2467
Down lower in town … well it is not ideal to run with the press of people, the road crossings, etc … really it is probably better to stay in the parks.  IMG_2470IMG_2473
FullSizeRender_2FullSizeRender
Saw this guy on the path.  He reminded me of Michael Hedges.


Once you get east of Tower Bridge , the Thames path comes and goes, it is not really continuous.  As a result, there are less people and some fun places to run.IMG_2478FullSizeRender_1 

I took breaks along the way for pictures, and got a bite to eat around 16 miles.  I started to head back and got to Trafalgar Square, and hopped the Bakerloo line back to the hotel …. I ended up with 26.7 on the day.  It was easy paced.  Actual running pace was all over the place with it coming to a complete stop at times on some parts on the path.

Zep fans might dig this. RnR was the first song I ever played in a band live.  For what it is worth, I am having a hard time hearing how it is an “alternate mix.”

Good vid with Anton.

Admittedly I am an Anton fan.  The dude is genuine, caring, and passionate.  He comes across to me as pretty damn smart as well.  He is certainly well spoken and when he writes it is good writing.  It probably doesn’t hurt that he dropped me some comments before my first hundred that were personal from his perspective that I called on during that run. His words here ring to me of that same sort of “pep talk.”  It is stuff that we relate to that is well said by Tony, in same way they call on Thoreau … what he said about getting out into nature years ago still rings well with us. 

I wonder however if sometimes those who say these things so well get tired of it.  If instead of speaking of it, they rather be doing it.  Most of us like to share stories, and no doubt, I like to talk, so I sort of expect that people like to talk.  But with some, it is clearly better to be doing than talking (or blogging or facebooking or whatever).

No comments:

Post a Comment