Saturday, October 22, 2016

It might get stupid …

So I ran yesterday.  And the day before that too.  And I ran today too.  These were not fast or long runs.  In fact, they were short and slow with the purpose being to assess the hip.  And I learned pretty quickly that my hip is not a 100% clear of being ache free.  But I also learned that these runs don’t seem to be causing any other harm.  That might be a complete lie to myself but in my personal subjective assessment of it, it could be true. 

So this jogging back on it might be a completely stupid endeavor.  I might crack something outright.  But the desire to get out and enjoy the leaves, the air, the season, and … running … it was strong enough that I put the bike down for a few days and decided to go for it. 

The bike however did leave an impression.  As an old guy I might actually incorporate that game occasionally.  I can see its benefits physically as a complimentary exercise.   I’d love to say that even while running regularly I would do it at least one day a week instead of running but I am pretty sure that is a lie I am not willing to commit to yet.

In more positive news, I continue to be blessed in be a part of the BrHS XC experience this year as a volunteer coach.  On Friday, the girls won the regional meet, scoring 25 points (an incredible score in a multiple school meet) and put six girls in the top 15.  The boys, who were seeded fourth (which would eek them a state qualifying spot), outperformed expectations and got second on 62 points to Poudre’s 55, but beating state contending teams like Fort Collins (basically the 1-2-3-4 predictions went 4-3-2-1!).  What a fun day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment