Broomstock (and most the Front Range) got belted with a nice round of snow again today. It will probably be gone by this week with snow eating winds, but there is some comfort taken in that snow pack up high is above historical averages.
No school for JZ today because of MLK day, and so he had morning practice. I headed over with him and jogged with Greg in the thick of the storm. We saw one of those mini sidewalk plows completely bite it on a drain gutter. It hit hard enough that the driver punched his forehead into the glass front and the whole window shattered open – right in front of us. Amazingly the guy was okay, and mostly embarrassed at the whole scene. 5.3 miles.
I got out for another 5 in the afternoon, feeling a bit heavy legged … probably a bit from the weekend, a bit from the cold and snow. Just kept it easy.
Really interesting read on alcohol and an abstain experiment.
My challenge of squats is sort of screwed for the month in that I am not getting 100 a day but I am getting them in with some regularity. I can feel a difference already in how I am performing them … in the ease of the movement, in how my heels are more firmly planted to the ground in the rep, and that I can more easily do reps of 50 instead of 30.
Thanks for the castle link GZ. I should have recognized it but didn't. Germany, along with France, is a country I'd really love to get to.
ReplyDeleteWe would normally have some measurable snow here by now but not this year, only a dusting or two.
Nice to see you getting the volume back up again, by the way. I'm trying to get inspired to do the same.
She is really digging the German experience.
ReplyDeleteThe volume bump has helped ... volume begets volume.