Sunday, June 24, 2018

Run and tell all of the angels

IMG_E3867Last week was a 70 mile week – the first time I have hit that sort of mileage in months.  Perhaps slightly better than the overall volume was that the general pace of the runs was quicker. 

I recognize however that any slight improvements I see are minimum and perhaps accidental (random?), and are equivalent to what I am doing – managing some consistency, not really focused with any specific training or execution objectives. 

IMG_E3869

There is a “ying and yang” to this of course – a general dissatisfaction with the on-going and slow decline of performance associated with aging, a bit of disgust that I am only willing to fight it so much, but a realization that I have gladly chosen other paths and some satisfaction that I have not fully tossed in the towel. 

IMG_E3857

I am off to D.C. and the Columbus OH area for the week. 

IMG_E3855

No comments:

Post a Comment