The fall tour ended this week … PHX-DC-BOS-DAL-SHV-PHL-YVR-MCO-SFO-ATL-EWR-ATL with a bunch of reroutes in between. 26 hotel work nights in there out of the 64 on the year. And a good amount of time in airports.

I have a few weeks before I am obliged for any travel and that happens to be a family get away to PHX for a couple of days (NXR). I have had some travel this year at least 20 weeks of the year (and it is the 43rd week of the year).
I had some time in NJ this week. Jersey gets a bad rap but when I have been there I have always found some nice trails. 


Later in the week I was in west Georgia. 
I came skidding in Friday night from Atlanta on a flight where I watched most of the first 9 innings of the Red Sox-Dodgers Game 3 of the World Series. I got off the bird, got a ride home from TZ, decompressed a bit and went to bed at 1 and the game was still in the 15th inning.
I rolled up at 5AM Saturday AM to head down to the Springs for the State XC meet. All the races for boys, girls, all the classifications happen in one day so it is quite an affair.

Our kids that were racing (the girls squad based on a 2nd place berth out of the region and one of the boys who earned a spot as an individual with a top 15 placing in the region meet) all ran very well. The girls ran their best team race they have all season and placed sixth, well above anywhere they were ranked this year and beating several teams that were probably better “on paper” than them. It was a good day for the team and the athletes competing all around.
My running this week was a bit less than usual because of the travel, but I did get out for a little less than 2 hours today, heading north and then back along Coal Creek, running easy. The typical thoughts related to about getting into something representing racing fitness and goals for 2019 bubbled up. I’d ramble on them here but I think I want to sit on them a bit before making any sort of commitment that would likely, and has been typical as of late, unravel.
No comments:
Post a Comment