Sunday, February 16, 2020

Week ending 16FEB2020

Travel delays ...

Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting and indoorImage may contain: people sitting, shoes and indoor

Monday AM - Dallas in the dark - 7.1 miles ... slow.
PM - it was pouring out so and I really didn't bring gear for that so I hit the hotel treadmill before meeting back up for work. 3 miles playing with the buttons.  The treadmill is no longer a real preferred option for me ... I just get stupid with it.  And it is so unrealistic for me anyway.
Tues AM - significantly cooler.  7.2 slow wake up miles through the nearby cemetery.
Tuesday PM - 3.5 easy on the hotel mill while listening to a call recording playback to catch up.  Pouring rain out again.
Wednesday - headed over to Huntsville AL.  Got out for an afternoon run on a mid 50s not rainy but otherwise very wet (almost foggy) run.  10 miles with a fartlek of 10 by 2 minutes on, 1 minute off.  Wet, wet, wet.
Image may contain: tree, outdoor and nature
Thursday AM-  7.6 AM slow.  Yesterday I ran the Indian Creek Greenway.   I couldn't do that today as the rains last night flooded out the river.  I was definitely a bit tired and feeling the effort of yesterday.
Image may contain: tree, sky, outdoor, nature and water
Image may contain: tree, sky, outdoor, nature and water
Image may contain: tree, sky, outdoor, nature and water

Thursday evening - did 3 miles on the hotel mill.
Friday - back to CO.  Lots of snow down and around but it was sunny enough that I had the shirt off for a bit.  10.8.  Dragging a bit on this one.
No photo description available.

Saturday - back with the Eagles for morning practice.  9.8 miles with GW.  Easy plus.

Took JZ and KZ over to Inmotion to pick them up some kicks.  JZ couldn't resist checking out the illegal gear out from Nike.
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, sitting, shoes and indoor

Sunday - started the AM with an easy half an hour with TZ.  It was a nice little wake up.  Around 9, I  joined up with Greg for a long run.  JZ joined us too - which was great.  Gabby and Eryn also joined in.  We moved a lot quicker than I expected and I ended up with 14.3 at 7:24 pace, including the climb over Davidson.
Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, sky, mountain, cloud, outdoor and nature

78.6 on the week, with a fartlek session in the middle of the week.  Still hacking a bit from the pneumonia but I think I am coming around.

I kept to my recent "policy" of not drinking alcohol while on a work engagement.  That was a little different given the group I was with went to a brewery on Wednesday night.  Folks seem to have more of an issue with it than I do - which oddly makes me a bit more comfortable with it (perhaps I enjoy that it throws them off balance more than it does me).

Music project from Dallas.  This was city 15.


Music project from Huntsville.  This was city 16.



Here is a little video of "Sweet Home Alabama" with Amber Cole from last week.


I heard a podcast with Scott Fauble recently and he mentioned an app he uses to meditate.  It is called Headspace.  I decided to give it a trial.  It has been a good little way to try to get more into this thing I have dabbled on and mostly off with over the years.  The guided 10 minute meditations have been helpful for me establishing some start to a practice.  We'll see if it sticks.

Test drove a 330 and 335 at Wildwood this weekend. 

Image may contain: 1 person
Image may contain: one or more people and people sitting
Image may contain: one or more people, people playing musical instruments and guitar
Image may contain: one or more people, guitar and shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment