Sunday, May 2, 2021

Week ending 02MAY2021

Monday - day got away from me again with work, so I didn't get out until the afternoon.  It was the first official day of practice for track so that consumed quite a bit.  I didn't get much in - 3 miles.  That was probably fine because the Achilles was winning the arguments today.  

Tuesday AM - took a work call and did the ditch and back.  4.2 miles.  Getting cooler again.  
PM = raining at practice, but it was sorta nice.  6.3 miles super easy with a few of the klds.  

Wednesday - afternoon practice, 7 miles.  A bit sore for some reason but ok.  

Thursday - afternoon practice - 6 miles.  Yeah, practice impacts how much running I get in.

Friday - afternoon practice - 8 miles.  Caught up to the boys with a bit of effort (and they were not doing anything but slow jogging for them).  80 degrees so it felt like a bit of a cooker.  

Saturday - 8.2 miles, including some quality.  Kids had some threshold and then some faster paced stuff so I jumped into some of that to help out ... and reap a bit of benefit.  About 10 minutes at threshold and then a handful of 200s at slightly faster than mile pace.  

Sunday - I barely beat the storm.  Over the course of the run it went from a beautiful blue sky day to the Modor clouds rolling in from the west.  8.8 miles.

50 plus on the week, which seemed unlikely with the 3 mile start. Was happy that I managed to get a workout in on Saturday and was actually a little sore come Sunday.  


No comments:

Post a Comment