Sunday, August 15, 2021

Week ending 15AUG2021

It is gonna be a full week.  I am on an engagement that is in a different time zone and it gets me going too early to jump over to the HS practice.   On Sunday night I slept like crap and so I did not roll out of my bed for an early run (before getting to work).  Lack of discipline on my part.  Got out for a short one later in the evening - 4 miles (Monday evening).

Tuesday AM = up with the sun ... 5.5 miles.  Gonna be a low mile week with everything.  Probably a low mileage month.  Would like it to be higher quality, so I will try to push that but it has seemed I am often fried when I swing around to the runs.  

Oh yeah, couple of videos from the audience of Spare Change playing at Mother Tucker's a few weeks back.



Some pix from playing at the local Farmer's Market this week.  Was joined by SP for a bit and we did some impromptu jamming with him on the sax.  Love playing with this guy.  














Probably the most memorable tip I have ever received.  



















For a three hour gig ... well, I have sort of hit a new level of comfort.  It has come with the reps.  That is not to say I nailed it, but I managed it better than any of my other solo shows so far.  It has been about a 2 and 1/4 year journey to get to that.  It might have been quicker if COVID hadn't killed live gigs.  And I still have a lot to work on.  I botched at least three tunes but the audience didn't seem to notice or care.  And for 30 tunes, well the voice was good for the first 2/3rds but then I was in the hurt box a bit there.  

Wednesday - day off.  First in a bit.  I can't recall when I last had one, but it wasn't because I was seeking one.   Just dealt this one with a long day.  Could have forced it in the evening but talked myself out of it with the heat and being beat.  

Thursday AM - you'd think with the day off and the two lighter days I'd feel great this AM.  But I just feel sluggish.  And you'd think I'd not be surprised by that.  But nope and nope.  6.2 miles easy in the AM.  

Friday - slight break in the work schedule so I got the chance to do a few (4) with the HS team in the AM.

Saturday - post the kids running the time trial, I got in 8.  It was hot.  

Sunday afternoon - 7.2 miles.  Tired.  

Not a great training week with the slow start and a day off.  Managed 40 through it all but meh.  

Krupicka at Leadville next week.  Got to root for the kid I guess who no longer a kid.  I feel compelled send him some of the advice he dropped almost 10 years ago ...  (by the way navigating those posts from back then was a bit of a trip)



1 comment:

  1. That's some all-star commentary in the post from 10 years ago!

    ReplyDelete