A few rando things to start the week:
- Mark Plaatjes interview. His story is amazing. I had to look up what "necklacing" was. Way more horrific than what I guessed.
- Centaurus boys XC at State. 9th at the mile. 6th at 2 miles. 2nd at the finish. That is the way to do it.
- JT tried to get me out for Boulder XC race this Saturday and I bailed. Excuses won that one.
- Why the hell have I not dug into Marcus King before this week?
Monday - up in Fairplay. Did a seven mile loop down the pipeline, then up Breck Estates, back up the access road, out to the base of 663 at Ice Axe and then back up Slow as you'd expect for an outta shape old guy at 10k feet.
Tuesday - back down from the hills. Gorgeous fall day. 10 miles.
Wednesday - 7 miles with some fartlek thrown in.
Thursday - 8 in the AM before the weather blew in.
Friday - snow and wind. Meh. Felt cruddy. Cut it at 5 miles.
Saturday - 8 miles and some. Mostly with practice.
Saturday night: gig over at Mother Tucker's.
Ended with 56 ish on the week. Eyeballed where I am on the year and its mid 2100. It would seem that I would be dancing with 2500 if I manage at least 7 a day.
I definitely do not have the base that I used to - meaning, for a bit because of all the miles I had done in my 40s, I could still easily manage a 12 miler. That is gone, and I need to earn it back.
No comments:
Post a Comment