Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tuesday 051011

Overslept damn it. Well, sort of. I got up at 6:30 but that was still 4:30 Colorado time. In a rare feat, I was out the hotel door in five minutes and on the road. Got in six around the Cranberry Woods facility, and ended up moving nicely towards the tail of it (sub 6:30). Nice loop, but I am going to have to find something different than its 1.7 mile length.

Hope to get out again tonight, but the man may make the call.

Had a little swelling under one of the toe nails on my right foot. Only had a screw driver for glasses repair (how’d that get through TSA?) but was able to pop that bugger.

I continue to enjoy the writings of Bevan James Eyles.

This makes my falls look tame. Not for the squeamish.

Some cool cinematography in this Killian vid:

Justin has his weekly post up on MUT.

JT thinks I should not run the Boulder 100 (which I am not sure I would do anyway) and he thinks I ought to up my odds of getting lost by going to Moab.

PM - snuck in 5.5 easy miles.

4 comments:

  1. Impressed that you've jumped right back to it after your short run on Saturday. How do you feel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean - I feel great. I actually felt like I could run a regular day on Sunday without issue - but I took the day off (Mom's day, kidz ball games). Might help that I am at 600 feet elevation right now.

    Your report is on my to read list. How you feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice meeting you on Saturday George. Thanks for the little pep talk at mile 47. I needed it. See you down the road sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dylan - awesome race, sorry I couldn't hang with you at ... umm 42 miles (versus 47).

    I meant to apologize to you because when I was laying there on the lawn, I asked you how things went in your race like five times. I was a bit loopy and too worked to roll over to see that it was you I kept asking the same damn question.

    Good luck in San Diego.

    ReplyDelete