Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday 021212

Pikes in the winter.  Good video from Steve B, including some stuff of the back of the hill via the tracks.

Good interview with Brooks.

Some guy who was a local here is now a hotshot down in CA.  ;-)

Can you get down Green Mountain in 16 minutes?   Or less?

Trail building by a trail runner on a Sunday AM has his neighbors thinking he is burying bodies.

She had the talent.  But it could not save her.

A guy who has talent and works it … (I periodically have to be reminded how epic of a guitar player he is … kicking in at thirty seconds in)

Flotrack killed it with awesome coverage of indoor meets yesterday.

7 comments:

  1. Damn I grew up on Whitney Houston. such a waste.
    And the same for Prince... but he never fell. I loved 'Purple Rain', the album and the movie. I was like 16 or something. And he, as I'm sure you know, plays like 20+ instruments very well, his piano is as good as his guitar. And he's a sick song writer. I love Prince.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The loss of Whitney, which has been going on for years in a way, is so very sad. It is a story that has been repeated so many times in our species though ... incredible talent, and squandered and lost.

    Prince is unbelievable. I have been watching youtube vids of the various covers he has done. Unreal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clearly Prince needs to perform more guitar solos. Holy crap.

    I'm pretty sure attempting PRs down Green would not be beneficial to my well-being. Sorry, Guinness Book of World Records.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prince...
    Totally under most people's radar. Dude can rip it...when he wants to. Play something like that for most people (where they can't see who it is), and he will be one of their last guesses, most likely.
    And Whitney was spectacular in her prime. Hard to see people go out like that.
    Thanks for the videos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucho, actually I think its 30+ instruments Prince can play fluently. He is an amazing talent. He made music back when people really made music, not computer developers and lip synching.

    Multiple American Records this weekend like in the 2 mile and 5k. Was it sub 8:10 in the 2 mile for Rupp? Crazy. I know a lot of people that would be pretty tired if they ran 8:10 for 1 single mile.

    And Lance in the top chase group off the swim and dropping people on the run in the Panama 70.3.

    My drug is exercise. It may kill me too, but the odds are much better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prince has been typecast which is why he is under everyone's radar in the pure musician sort of way.

    I showed my 14yo daughter the Whitney video today and she was blown away. "She is not even trying to sing that!" she exclaimed, seeing how easy the notes came to her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The indoor results this year have been impressive. There are a ton of dudes in college that are sub 4 this year ... Centro looked like he JOGGED a freaking 3:54 in the Wanamaker mile.

    ReplyDelete