Got together with Justin M and Bill Lee over at the stable in Arvada. We got in a little bit of training with Jack and Willy. JZ ran with a burro for a bit as well (he also brought a buddy along to introduce him to the sport). If Justin runs the way he did on some stretches tonight, it is only a race for second place at BV.
Good night catching up with Justin (had not seen him since HR … and that is such a blur to me I almost forgot that I saw him there) and Bill. Talking running, burros, shooting the breeze on a beautiful Colorado night. Justin wants to set up a wager on the race. His thought is that if he wins, I’d have to shave my chest “rug” and run shirtless in Pikes. I could probably deal with that if I lost, but Ms. GZ might be upset for a bit. But on that front, on my side, I’d think that if I won, Justin would have to pace Nick Clark at Leadville shirtless with HANG NINE written in eye black or something like that on his chest. I’d have him shave but it does not count if it is three hairs.
Seriously, the shirtless thing is actually a bigger deal as it could be a major issue on race weekend (reference 2008). Suggestions on such a wager on both sides are welcome.
JZ was all about burros, but then saw the pole vault as part of the decathlon in the Olympics tonight and says he wants to do that. Steeple decathlon “double” perhaps? (I’d have to say “these go to 11” then)
Cracking up over this potential wager... Love the competitive nature and can't wait to see photographic evidence of the win either way!
ReplyDeleteLisa - we both chickened out of the waiver. The chest hair is really not mine to wager, as it sort of belongs to Mrs. GZ. She seems to be attached to it, and as Justin has a PR in the marathon under 2:30, this might not have been a smart bet on my part.
ReplyDeleteThen again ... I did beat him today by over 45 minutes, so maybe I should have bet him.