Saturday, August 25, 2012

Saturday 082512

Awesome podcast interview with the Leadman champ.  I feel very lucky that my life has been able to cross paths with that guy.  Listen in to hear how his plans for next year are the 400 meters.  

Some video on my Hokas.



10 miles easy in the thrashed Hokas.

Slept up in Fairplay.

9 comments:

  1. Right back at you my friend!
    I started Leadville with pretty much new Hokas... now they're pretty used. The Bondis are pretty inadequate in terms of durability.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curious to see how the outsole of the Stinson lasts for you. My Stinson Tarmacs seem to be doing just fine with their more dense road outsole. They are great right now, but I also foresee the need for a more aggressive outsole for our winters here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GZ- Up next... a video of you gluing a new sole on the Bondis. Maybe hit up a thrift store for a pair of large boots for ~5.00 and cut the sole off them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to hack an outsole off a pair of Crosslite that I have. Thinking a chainsaw would make for the best vid. I love the outsole on the Crosslites, but the heel is way too narrow for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Crosslite sole won't fit on the Hokas though. I was thinking a big pair of snow boots that you cut the sole down to fit on the Hokas? Possibly a mountain bike tire cut in to strips would work too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm. I see a keg, a chainsaw, a tire, and a video camera field trip coming up. Starts with ... "hold my beer."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Or... "Give me the Hokas and the chainsaw. Hold my beer."

    ReplyDelete