Monday, September 9, 2013

Tuesday 090912

Pessac (Bordeaux), France.  Traveled here most of the day, starting Sunday.  DEN=>ATL=>CDG=>BOR.
Delayed sleep most of the flight, catching up on Django Unchained, Iron Man 3, and a good part of Storm of Swords that I am reading.

It was raining when I got here, but I got out anyway, just to unravel the travel on the legs.  7 miles.

The Peugeot car I have is a diesel, but essentially turns off when I would normally stop to idle.  No get up and go off the line but impressive that it keeps the e- systems all running at par.


Blogger is all mad at me thinking I am hacking my account as I am posting from France.

Tired now …  

4 comments:

  1. Recently had a loaner car when I dropped mine off for maintenance that did the same thing - turned off at every stop light. Restarts when you take your foot off the brake. That's gotta really suck the life out of the starter and other engine parts to start and stop your car several dozen times an hour when driving around town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had seen it with electric cars - a cab actually - in Vancouver recently. New thing with the diesel for me.

      Delete
  2. A great goal while there is to have a faster pace than the Peugeot. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Off the line for about 5 seconds I have it!

      Delete