I am setting up a bit of a survey on the right side of the blog, but you can comment here. Feel free to comment as to what you think I will put up for PPM and Leadville. I was asked by Skurka recently what my goal was for Leadville and I was sort of stuck in how to answer in a way other than “as fast as possible.” I have seriously entertained the idea of barely finishing all the way to a sub 20 effort. I expect it would be somewhere in between, but I don’t know if that is 29:45 or 23:45 or something else. Shad told me he thought I’d go 24:45. He qualified this by saying that he thought I could go faster but that I’d be jacked from Pikes. Bob keeps planting seeds in my head that I am not going to finish because I don’t know how to suffer for long periods of time at 12 minutes per mile pace. Vote away or comment away.
Hardrock predictions. Real bummer that Tony is not going to be in running shape (at least that is how I interpret it) to get after this. I think Stappy do better than he is picked here.
Afternoon – got over to Chautauqua and a call out to Bob for a lap on Green. Up the front and then down Long Canyon as Bob had never been that way (which is to say, down West Green, a short segment of Flagstaff, then Long Canyon and then Gregory Canyon). 7.5 miles.
Today’s conversation including more Leadville prognosticating, Dave’s injury, how humid it was, and why you should never up hill behind a guy in a kilt. We even beat the weather before it blew in nasty.
JZ and I head out of town tonight to take to the high seas. This stretch between Ireland taking off with him did not quite play out how I was expecting – I thought I’d get more but I didn’t and I was not really up for it. I ended up in this 11 days with 3 Greens (could have been four but chased off by lightning on one), about 13k of climbing and 12 miles over about 19.5 hours. Not bad, but again, I have yet to put together the big run to stretch myself a bit. Frankly, I got to a place in the last couple of days where I am not sure I could have handled it well anyway.
PPM - brownie minus one second
ReplyDeletePb - 23:59
JT - as in I will be one second slower than you?
Delete4:55 PPM
ReplyDelete24:10 Leadville
Bob - you and Brownie are within 10 minutes of each other ... interesting.
DeletePPM: What the best is you could have done that day + 10 minutes.
ReplyDeletePb: Whatever the best is you could have done that day w/o Pikes + 60 minutes.
Pb probably depends more on who you have as crew and pacers as much as anything else!
Interesting way to look at it Brett. So if I go 25:01, I have really screwed myself with Pikes. I guess that is part of the game.
DeleteMust have just missed you, was up there around 1:15-1:30 ish.
ReplyDeleteI can honestly say I don't remember what my schedule was that day.
Delete