Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Tuesday 060915

AM – 10 miles.  A bit fatigued from the get go.  I ran into Jake (a SR at BHS) and Regan (now graduated and heading to UWyo) and they let me jog with them for a bit.  Good kids.  Probably freaked by my fashionable glasses and shorty shorts with no shirt though.

Today’s listening:

I have not had any coffee this week.  Yesterday was fine.  Today I am dragging a bit.

Nice write up on what ultra runners do that you don’t.

Training tips from Kilian:
image

Afternoon – 4.1 miles.  Tired.

Great write up by Brian Metzler regarding Dave Mackey’s latest state.

Really Farah and frankly any athlete with Alberto should leave his stable now.  Even if you buy that Salazar has done nothing wrong and that the Gouchers and Magness are out to get him (not sure what to gain there), and that Alberto was playing within the rules to get whatever edge he could – it is just ugly and as Mo Farah you are not just judged based on your performances.  You are a brand. 

And let’s say for a moment that Farrah did nothing wrong but there was some inappropriate use of a TUE by Galen that was guided by Alberto.  That means your #1 competition (the guy who took silver to your gold) is competing in an enhanced state against you … as guided by your coach.  Because he is the same coach.  Run away Farah.  Staying, regardless if you are guilty or innocent, does you no good.

10 comments:

  1. All of the other tips are negated by the fact that he uses poles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the first slam was going to be course cutting.

      Delete
    2. Kevin FTW. I was going to make the same exact comment.

      Delete
    3. So we have Brownie, Kevin and David in the don't use poles camp. And Nick and Kilian and Karl M and Scott J and Scott J in the use poles camp. Hmmm.

      Delete
    4. Seems like all the guys running 100+ miles in the mountains say yes, and the generally shorter distance guys say no. I think I would be inclined to listen to the former group if I was going to do a long run in the mountains.

      What is the objective argument against poles in the appropriate situations? They certainly are not always useful, but for something with wide, smooth, trail that you know you will be hiking (Hope Pass) they can definitely be useful.

      Delete
    5. Nick - I am using them. With a mountain marathon the week before, I am going to take the poles and the verbal abuse.

      Delete
  2. Quit ripping on NOP if you're considering poles. Cheating is cheating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re: Farah/Rupp/Salazar.... Seriously, who do these guys think they are kidding with their denials? Do they really think we are that naive and gullible after all of the circumstantial evidence that has been presented? (I know, no positive tests or concrete proof, but still). We have seen it before, the "sour grapes" accusations, years of denials, then concrete proof, eventual backed into a corner confessions. Just come clean, pay the fiddler, move on (or go away).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What sour grapes or what does Epstein have to gain from such reporting?

      Delete
  4. Just speaking in general terms, the accused almost always say that those who are spilling their insider stories or making the accusations (like the Gouchers, Andreaus, Lemonds, Floyd, Hamiltons) that it is all about "sour grapes", which, may well be true to a certain degree, but regardless, these people are in fact telling the truth (either because they too were caught and/or getting pissed about it, prompts telling the truth).

    ReplyDelete