Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Wednesday 01NOV2017

Day 2 here in Atlanta … typical grogginess in getting up even though I had a good night of sleep.  I got out for an easy 6 miles.  The sun rises pretty late here – 8AM, so this was pretty well in the dark.  That is not a problem, but when combined with streets lacking sidewalks, it becomes more of one.

I did some slow wandering down towards Emory and found some trails that I have checked out previously, but it has been a while since I have been down here.  It is always nice to find these jems in an otherwise a big city.
Image may contain: tree, plant, outdoor and nature
Image may contain: tree, bridge, outdoor and nature
Image may contain: outdoor, water and nature

While it was nice to get to that, it ended up being just stupid coming back.  Dark, lack of side of sidewalks, no shoulder to speak of … ugh.  Just stupid.  I even took a spill and threw my phone into the woods.  Took me a few anxious minutes to find it.  9.6 miles – slo, slo, slow.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely Dig All These Photos!!! Gr8 Rob write up as well. Keep posting these brilliant photos and watch those cracks in the road.


    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them ... I have to confess I don't see them as great photos ... just stuff I see. But thanks.

      Delete