Sunday, February 4, 2018

Weekend 02-04FEB2017

Friday AM – got the buzz from Greg and we got out early for some.  8 miles.
Slow in the afternoon – easy 4 around the track as the kids headed out.

Saturday – 6.5 with strides at the end.  Cut miles in prep for the Sunday race.

Sunday – woke up and everything was locked in fog.  Then it was snowing.  And it was icy.  Around 9:30 the town put out the word that they had cancelled the race due to hazardous conditions.  Bob, Shad and I agreed to meet over at the park and get some work in anyway … it would not be great but given that I had scheduled a race for the day I needed to get some quality in. 

It was slick (Shad took a good digger, and I almost slipped into an on coming car) but I got around the park in the cold in 20-21 for a 5k.  Not ideal, but better than slogging through ten miles easy.  We tacked on another half dozen at the end to get in a 10 plus.

On whole – not a great week of training with the travel and the weather botched race.

The weekend was fun though … Friday night we got over to CU to watch the miles, where Buff athlete Perrin took the mile in 4:03 just ahead of Saarel.  Dani Jones put up a powerful 4:36.1 – the fastest time in Colorado by a woman ever.  On Sunday I watched 50 year old Todd Straka almost get one of our assistant coaches – Ryan Parker in a heat of the 800.  Todd ran 2:06.  That is ridiculous for 50.  It was also really cool to see former Broomfield Eagle Ethan Gonzales post a 8:16 3k.  I love me a track meet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment