Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Tuesday 16APR2019 Colorado Running Hall of Fame

I got word a few weeks ago that Pikes Ascent ace Scott Elliott was getting inducted into the Colorado Running Hall of Fame.
Image may contain: one or more people and text

The ceremony was Tuesday night at the Denver Athletic Club.
Image may contain: 1 person, on stage, standing, suit and indoor

Scott has definitely lost quite a few pounds since I saw him for a run a few weeks ago.  He also cleans up pretty well, even if he appropriately wore running shoes with his suit.

No photo description available.

I met Scott on a Linden workout.  That is a one mile loop, with half of it being up and the other half being down.  There is a tag for here on the blog if you want to go see what that is.  In any case, it was there where I learned that Scott was one of those guys who was willing to turn himself inside out a bit more than the rest of us.  And I began to learn of his singular laser focus on that hill to the south - Pikes.

As part of his speech as he was inducted, Scott read a stanza from a Cerutty poem.
"Running: running: hear the beat!
Busting lungs and pounding feet.
Straining: gaining: 'til your done:
Or you have the race well-won.
Racing: Pacing: rather die:
Than give up or let them by.

It was great to see Scott recognized for his accomplishments.  Eight wins at any race is amazing.  Eight on that beast of a hill, over a span of 17 years is an incredible accomplishment.

4 in the AM with Greg, 6.3 a bit later in the AM solo.

No comments:

Post a Comment