Sunday, July 14, 2019

Rest of the week ... ending 14JUL2019

Thursday - just 3 miles first thing in the morning.  It was hot.  Escaped out of PHX in the evening but didn't get back home to CO until 1:30 Friday AM.

Friday - back in CO.  Jumped into practice but had a conference call so it was a bit of a mess of a run.  5 miles.  Back at it in the afternoon and did the Lac Amora loop - 6.2, and felt pretty good.  But it was hot.  Not PHX hot, but hot.  Good to be home.
Image may contain: plant, flower, tree, outdoor and nature
Image may contain: cloud, sky, outdoor and nature

Saturday - ran down to the farm to run AJ to give JZ some reps with him.  92 and I was pretty cooked by the time I got down there.  Ran with JZ and AJ for a few more miles but gladly took the ride home with JZ.  7.7 miles.

Image may contain: tree, plant, outdoor and nature

Later in the afternoon, another 3.7 on the ditch, easy.

Sunday - up early as I am back on the road again.  9 miles.  I ran pretty well but the legs definitely were zapped from yesterday's hot outing.
Image may contain: sky, cloud, outdoor and nature
Image may contain: sky, road, outdoor and nature

Finished the week just over 60.  Not a great week as the travel and the heat threw me but there was at least some consistency.

Pittsburgh this week.
Image may contain: sky, cloud, outdoor, nature and water
Image may contain: sky, outdoor and water
Image may contain: one or more people, sky, bridge and outdoor
… did some picking at the park as par t of the 20 city project. 

10 comments:

  1. Excellent Photos!! Was That Rattler Alive?? Sure Hope So. Enjoy Pittsburg And Snap Off A Few Photos For Brother Pitt. Stay Strong This Week

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Pikesmas training season George! Looks like Pikes has updated it entrant list page for pikes marathon with the competitive entries! Take a look at that marathon list for the men and women. Good gracious! Looks like I'll be shooting for top 50... on a good day! Gonna be pretty amazing watching all those amazing runners get after it on the hill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are clearly competitive entries in there (Jornet) but they are not clearly identified on a comp entry page. Unless I am missing something.

      Delete
  3. If you go to the bib assignments you can get a better look. Everyone wants a crack at Jornet. I was hoping Walmsley would jump in, especially since Freriks is running. Awesome field!!

    Don Solberg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So just the bib numbers for those qualified off of the Pikes Peak Marathon?

      Delete
    2. If you go to assigned bib numbers on confirmation page and then scroll down to bottom. It’s a little easier to see the comp entries.
      Don S

      Delete
    3. Ah got it. That is a lot of competitive entries for sure! https://pikespeakmarathon.org/regstats/2019/ppm_bib.htm

      Delete
  4. Yeah George look at it in terms of the bib number then scroll down to bottom to see all the competitive entrants. Most stacked field by far I’ve ever seen... who knows if everyone toes the line but it’s wild! I’ve heard rumors of it being streamed on espn... should be a true ballyhoo!
    Corey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Might be nearly Phoenix hot in Pittsburgh.

    ReplyDelete