Friday, January 8, 2021

Friday 08JAN2021

Got out last night for four miles in the dark after a pretty long work day.  Five this AM along Ridgeview with GW.  9 minute pace stuff here.  So there is that.  

I had a pretty lengthy conversation with the doc regarding the MRI, etc.  Tears in the Achilles tendon, a nice spur of 17mm.  Not great stuff.  Not rushing off to do anything surgical at this point, as I'll give how to approach it a bit more thought.  PRP was suggested.  Will also seek a few other professional opinions. It is 100% dumb that I am jogging on it but with the 6+ weeks off, and the slow short stuff I am doing now - I can keep this discomfort to some sort of manageable level.  

I ended up with 30 travel nights in 2020.  That was a huge drop from the 115 I had in 2019.  Obviously the drop was because of the pandemic.  When I got off the plane back from Irvine on March 13, I was at 28 nights at that point in the year.  

Anywho ... if there is a silver lining to the virus, I think it has helped open our eyes a bit more to what we can do "virtually" and also to some extent what we shouldn't do in that regard.  Frankly a bunch of what I have done can probably go without me traveling to the location.  But here is the rub - there is a "soft" element of being in the room with someone to build that relationship, trust, and understanding.  That can be done virtually but it is often significantly harder.  

I pushed around the idea of zero travel nights (at least for work) for me with with my team and that was not really well received.  It is more the idea of "no unnecessary travel" and therefore - being clear in the intention when traveling.

Plus airports and hotels kind of suck after a bit - even if the end location is grand.  

No comments:

Post a Comment