Wednesday PM - five miles. Sore and slow and feeling tired. Not surprising given the last couple of days were a bit more volume and a bit more at a solid pace. Reflects for me that if I am gonna get on that way with 10 mile days I got some work to do to be ready for PPM in September.
Thursday AM - I decided last night to skip the AM run and see if another hour of sleep helped me move it along better.
And I did. In the evening got out on the canal and went past Ballycowan Castle, for about 9.2 on the evening. Slow start but moving well by the end.
Finished up on the site in Tullamore on Friday and then headed to Dublin to overnight there before the flight back to the US. The "fun" was getting a negative COVID test the day before - as this is required to get into the US (but not required to get into Ireland, and FWIW masks are pretty optional in the Dublin Airport). I did the emed route - basically a home test but it is proctored through a device with a camera so they can see that you are not cheating the test, and they tie it to a bar code of you. Because it is proctored, one of these tests, which are typically free, costs about 35 bucks.
This is a bit stressful of curse because you wonder if you might test positive and be generally asymptomatic. And if you actually have to cough you start to sort of wonder if you are going to be stuck in Ireland for a month. Not that such a thing would be all bad. I took a free home test on Thursday night and saw I was testing as COVID negative.
I started my proctored test on Friday in the office. It was an easy process: at first the proctor thought they couldn't scan my bar code because they wanted me to use my front camera and not my back camera. I had to explain my laptop only has the camera that was facing me. That proctor said they could help me. So, I logged out, back in and got a proctor who seemed to understand they could collect my bar code via the camera that I had. Then took the test, and you have to wait for 15 minutes for it to process. COVID negative. Of course when the next proctor came back they said they had to see the test on the front camera, not my back. I tried explaining to them the camera situation, but to no avail. I had to log back out and log back in to get someone to understand this.
Then I had to upload my negative test result to the airline site. First they rejected it - and that was my fault. My results were sent to me via a password protected PDF and so of course they could get to them. Next I uploaded an image of my results. 2 hours later I was informed my test was not eligible. So that lit me up and I called the airline - which was sorta of fruitless because it is one of those industries where it is hard to get a person to talk to you, and when they do, they are not sure what really to do anyway.
I finally walked over to the Dublin airport, and went to the check in desk for my airline. That was a wait in a light and then that person told me not to worry about it and they would look at my records tomorrow. I pushed a bit as I did not want to find out tomorrow my test was invalid. So I hung out there until they could look at the hard copy of my stuff and update their system.
Not really a big problem but one of those wrinkles that just wrankles yah.
6.1 miles in the afternoon around the airport. Not a great place to run and got chased by a dog. Oh yeah and the rabbits here are really big.
Saturday - DUB=>JFK=ATL=>DEN ... day off. Guess I could got up early and went but I wimped out with the rain.
Sunday - 9.1, most with GW on the hospital loop and up Lac Amora. In the later afternoon DEN=>AUS.
56 something on the week and actually felt like I was actually running some. Not bad miles on six days with a work gig. Sea level helped for sure but being a bit more focused on my running was probably more the ticket
No comments:
Post a Comment