Sunday, February 26, 2023

Week ending 26FEB2023

Monday AM - dark, warmer than I am used to but windy along the canal, so I was a bit overdressed.  Tired in the legs, and I was up early (like 3AM).  4 miles slow.  

Monday evening - legs felt beat.  Just tired.  4.2 miles but mostly did laps up at the Tullamore Harriers circuit.  

Tuesday AM - the lag bug caught up to me.  I was a bit cross eyed on Monday afternoon and nearly fell asleep.  I was then back up at 1AM for a bit Tuesday morning but managed to get back down for sleep, but I did not make it out for an AM jog.  Probably for the better.  Right foot is a bit barkey, and I am not sure why.  















Tuesday evening.  Felt like crud.  The foot was pissed and it seemed to roll up into the inside of my leg, but I jogged anyway - over to the Charville Forest Castle, and then back down to Tullamore Harriers.  There were a ton of folks working out over there so I just stayed outside and jogged easy.  7.4 miles.  













Wednesday AM - really fighting the lag on this trip.  Up around 2AM and laid there for about an hour and a half before getting up and puttering around.  4.3 miles, super slow.  Right lower leg is still wonky.  Not sure what I did to it.  

Wednesday evening 4.5 miles on the canal east of Tullamore.  Smoky as usual.










Thursday AM - actually got a decent night sleep, so I think I am on track now.  Almost in time for the return to the US.  3.2 miles..
Evening - 6 miles along the canal to the Ballycowan Castle and back.  Finished up with 10 by a minute on, off.




































































Friday afternoon - back over in Dublin by the airport.  7.6 ... meh feeling.
























Saturday:  traveled back.  Zero.  Long day.  5AM up out of Dublin, back to EWR, a few hour lay over then a delayed flight to Denver.  I think 20 hours.

Sunday - 8.8 miles.  I am jacked.  Back is messed up and the right ankle is stupid sore.  I can't tell if I wrenched my back from the travel or the running or something else.

Well, it was a good travel week but a bit messed up from a training perspective and it got ugly at the end.  50 miles on the week but I think I might be dealing with an downtime shortly.











No comments:

Post a Comment