Friday, December 27, 2024

Friday 27DEC2024

Fourth day off of running.  How many to go? 

4.1 miles of walking in the AM with TZ and the dog.  These are good.  The walk is a backdrop to good conversations.  

I can feel the crap still in the knee.  Not that I am expecting it to be magically better in four days, especially since I haven't done anything to address that.  It is just a note that I can feel its problems, coming down stairs, when I turn weird, or sometimes when I stand up.

The time off from running is easy physically.  It is more the mental challenge of not having that time to do that and figuring out what I want to do alternatively.  This is a good challenge - recognizing how habitual I have been with good and bad behaviors (running, alcohol, not reading items outside of work, etc.).  But I do need to establish some other routine ... otherwise I will do nothing and that seems wasteful.  
















Broke away from the desk twice mid day for two ten minute sessions.  Sigh - I recognize that sounds so light.  It is.  But it is where I am at.   Got in a handful of kettlebell exercises, including upper body and squats, and the experiment of 100 pushups lives on (30, 30, 25, 25).

Separately, started watching Breaking Bad about a half decade after everyone else, started reading Red Rising on request of JZ, and have been trying to figure out the differences between diminished, half diminished, minor flat 5 and minor 7 flat 5 chords.  

No comments:

Post a Comment