Friday, February 7, 2025

He loved dogs

I've been working through my father's obituary.  I pulled items from the Resolutions that the Masons shared and made some modifications.  I shared it with my father's neighbor who provided me some feedback.  He doesn't really have internet, so I sent it to him via text and he sent me back a picture of some things he asked to be considered included.  

















It was a good reminder for me in a few ways.  

The neighbor, Mike, was his neighbor for the last 35 years.  That is longer than I have been in CO.  They shared a life of experiences.   The reminder was I am not the only one mourning my father's passing and the hole his death has left is pretty large for some people.

And yeah.  Dogs.  I can't ever recall as a kid not having a dog.  We always had at least one dog.  My father loved them but in that way that was with the a "what the heck is that dog doing now" sort of growl but with a grin behind it.  















Dogs, cats, squirrels.  It was a something I think he and my mother bonded over a lot.  The cuteness and craziness that comes with animals.  And that lawnmower.  And the weird hats.  Yeah.  Lots of that in the soup mix tide.  

I managed to talk it all through over the phone with my neighbor this AM without breaking down.  Can't say that is the case as I type this.  Thankfully work will give me a bit of a reprieve from that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment