Walking. Nothing else. Walking around 40 miles a week. Friday night while in CT at a Fairfield Inn, I took to doing 1/3 of a mile laps around the parking lot for 2 hours while I talked to TZ, JZ, KZ and contemplated everything. It was raining. Seemed appropriate.
I get stuff done on the walks. Listen to recorded work meetings. Make phone calls. Listen to podcasts or music. Contemplate how I should be in the gym but I ain't. Think a lot. Appreciate the air, sun. Knee feels ok. I can still feel that it is shitty underneath it all but it is not getting the crap beat out of it that would come with running. I miss running, but I sort of don't.
Headed up to Dillon for a few days. Walked on the frozen lake. It is pretty cool - until that moment when you hear the ice creak below you. That is worth a bit of a HR spike.
Tuesday was 77 days alcohol free (11 weeks). It is sort of a thing now to see if I can get to 100. It is more about showing myself that I can exercise that level of discipline if I want it. TZ and I went out for pizza last night and admittedly, the IPA taps looked just divine. I passed but then I had a dream that I sipped a beer and I was pissed.
It is all good. Obviously, there is a lot going on with my shift in running and the passing of my father. But there is a lot of great going on too. The Pinebox Sleepers - the band I am now a part of it - is an incredible music outlet for me and we are writing music. It is, in fact, forcing me to write music. It is like having to show up for that 5AM run with a buddy. You'd probably not do it on your own but because there are people there expecting you - you do.
No comments:
Post a Comment