- Lots of results to post - but Justin seems to have already covered it!
- All of a sudden, I look around and then years went by. The poster on the wall says, "Bolder Boulder 1999." The T-shirt I tossed on last night was from a race in 1999 - and I thought it was new. Picked up Green Day, American Idiot, Enter The Haggis, and Bon Jovi, Have a Nice Day at the libary yesterday. I listened to the Bon Jovi album twice on the run today. Total ear candy pop rock ... but crikey ... I have been listening to these guys for 25 years? She's a little runaway ... Stupid thought of the day ... JZ and I have enjoyed at Colorado Rockies games the entry song for the different players. The gig is this: as the Rockies batter comes up, some snippet of a song is played. I have asked JZ what his entry song would be - and he has been pretty clear it is "We Are The Champions" by Queen (exactly what I would expect from an 8 year old). What would your tune be?
- Got out mid morning. Going in I knew I was a bit on hydration. I should have brought the Camelbak but I didn't and I paid for it later in the run as it heated up. 14 miles - easy. AHR =147, first 12 or so were 144. Strides (8) at the end upped the average.
- Pup pix. 17 days old. Eyes started opening towards the end of last week.
Monday, September 7, 2009
Monday 090709
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Know what you mean; I still think of U2 as a new-er band. I was listening to them in 1981...
ReplyDeleteRunnin' With The Devil
ReplyDelete-Van Halen
You get your music at the library?
ReplyDeleteWhile you were out having fun... some of us were running in the ADT Marathon down in CS.
ReplyDeleteJustin ricks destroyed the course record with a 2:32:30. Gerald Romero came in second with a 2:45:04
Not content to just win, Hayley Benson also sniped 8 minutes off the previous woman's record and took it with a 3:00:35. Anita Fromm took 2nd with a 3:26:00
As is the case with most of the races down here, the results are already online at http://pprrun.org/results/2009_results/2009_adtm_marathon.htm
BF - I am at the library with the kids quite a bit - so I do browse the music collection there.
ReplyDeleteJohn - 2:32 by Ricks - whoa, only a CR by TWENTY minutes. Is it still a BQ race?
B.Y.O.B. -- System of a Down.
ReplyDeleteAnd the part that everyone hears has to be where the back-up singer SCREAMS "why do you always send the poor?!"
Of course you're old, gz, but you need to re-frame: you're old school.
Well, it should be noted that they did reset the records last year when they switched to the Palmer Lake start. Anton had the previous record of 2:42:47 when it was an out and back from downtown.
ReplyDeleteOne can debate the relative difficulty of the two. While this one drops 1400(ish)ft (about 0.5%), there are some sections through USAFA that can do some damage due to the up and down nature of the route. The old course was also mostly paved or concrete walkway, vs the new one that is mostly dirt until it meets up with the path south of woodmen road about 16 miles in.
So lets just say he took 10 minutes off of the all time record and call it even :-)
On the woman's side, the old record and new record were almost identical, 3:08:08 and 3:08:03. So Hayley took a smidge under 8 off of that one.
MORE PUPPY PIX PLEZ! :-)
ReplyDelete