Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thursday 091709

Mid day.  Decided to test fixed HR again (these are treadmill tests at a cap of 150 for me with the mill at 1.5 percent grade).  After a 1.5 mile warm up (all this at 1.5%), I ran capped at 7:36, 7:36, 7:40, 7:46, 7:47 for five miles in 38:25 with an AHR of 149 (there was a quarter mile segment in the middle where the monitor read that my HR had gone to 195 – whatever) .  So the fact that all of these were under 8 represent improvement.  The last time I did this test, I did it on the mill in my garage and this was one at work with the fan on – so there is a difference there (and the mills might not be calibrated the same).  I am not going to put a lot of stock in one test as I have seen variation move either way significantly over the course of one test.  … but …



… I did notice, that before my run on Tuesday where I went up Green, I had been feeling pretty beat up and lethargic on my runs.  I certainly did not worry about HR when going up Green.  Simply – I can’t worry about it there.  It is going to go above 150 unless I walk the whole thing.  I never pushed, but was feeling pretty worked at the end of that session.  But yesterday morning, I suddenly felt “opened up” in a way that I had not in a few weeks.  Not going to say it was the trip up Green, the easy running I have been doing, my encounter with the lady bugs or the strides … or if it had bearing on today’s run.  So I am just not saying…

Totally behind on a series of other interesting looking posts.  Ah well.  Did 3 miles at the soccer fields while the crumb grabbers practiced.  Barefoot.  The grass between the toes felt good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment