Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thursday 090210

Slept in this AM.  The weather is so beautifully primed for sleeping.  Cool evenings.  Mmmm.

I nominated (and he won) Keith Wood for “WOTW” on the Marathon Talk podcast.

World Masters Mountain Running Champs … someday I may go do this.

Afternoon – 7 miles with 3 steady in the middle.  Good pace, lungs/breathing were fine (hardly breathing hard), my legs are just wondering why the hell I am interested in sub six pace.

Evening – 5 miles around the soccer fields for JZ’s practice.

3 comments:

  1. If you do the international masters mountain running thing, you shouldn't have much problems being a top U.S. master. I glanced quickly at the results. Only a couple Yanks ran the race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do the other parents think you're barmy, watching you go around and around the soccer field?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim - yeah, it is pretty light on the US folks although there looks to be CoS contingent in there. Simon has done this race in the past (and won it).

    CC - oh, no doubt. It is probably worse since I am in the Euro split shorts, no shirt, a heart rate monitor strap on ... I get looks. The worst might have been the looks I got when I went around my block a bunch of times to get 13 miles ... it is only a 1/3 of a mile per go around.

    ReplyDelete