Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday 121710

Probably not going to get a run in today. Was completely cooked, felt like crap and so I slept in this AM. Will wrap up with a variety of meetings this AM and then head to the airport to travel home. Given I have been away for a week, I might change up plans, not head to Fort Fun in the AM, and expect to take some well pointed ridicule and sarcasm.

Sitting at 3929 miles on the year.

HIGHLIGHTS 2010: Gonna shift gears for a bit and mention a non running related highlight. The trip down the San Juan river on a raft, with my family and 17 other people was pretty amazing. Amazing environment, amazing people, amazing to have that time with my family. Amazing.

Back to running, I'd be remiss if I did not mention this year's PPM. While I did not break 4:30, an objective I had going into the race, I feel it was a day that I put together well. I had a solid build up of training, I executed well, and I walked away with some hardware. Having run that race where I have not met my expectations, and was unable to do what I thought I could - I have come to realize what a blessing this race was. There are so many things that can go wrong, in the build up, race day, the weather. To walk away with a PR, and some hardware to boot, and most importantly knowing that I did out there what I could do that day ... and with some thoughts of how I can improve ... well, that is pretty damn good.


Practice ...

Or without trick photography (Thanks SOS)

4 comments:

  1. The calendar is missing the Hardwater race.

    http://geminiadventures.com/new/?page_id=751

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoot George, I wasn't keeping up with your blog this week and didn't see you were in the Pittsburgh area. If you ever come back let me know and I'd be happy to treat you to a beer or suggest some trail runs for you. I'm one of those "long time listeners, infrequent posters," but I enjoy your stuff. - Phil (pzarone@hortyspringer.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phil - that would be cool. If I had more time I would have swung out to Oil City (Creek) as per Brownie's recommendation. Seems like Pittsburgh folks love it there!

    ReplyDelete