Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thursday 120210

Booked tix to San Diego yesterday. XC Nationals (February), here we come.

Headed over to the Commons to get some grass work. 3 mile warm up, then 4 x 30 second strides, 1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2-1 minute and then 4 x 30 second strides. 1 minute between everything. HR was up, pace was not great as I was getting eaten up by the grass. Did 4 sets of 30 seconds of jumping jacks, the leg kick thing, burpees and step ups with 30 seconds rest after each set. I was wimping the jump on the burpees so I did a jump up a high stair to force the issue (about equal to three stadium stairs). Those were hard. HR did not get up high on these but I was feeling it. 11 miles total. Like to think that even though the work on the grass was not quick, it was good work as I was pretty bent afterwards.

Marathontalk has Tim Noakes interviewed. Amazing stuff. In fact, if there is no other podcast that you listen to that I have recommended here - then just listen to this one.

Wetmore on Flotrack...


No comments:

Post a Comment