Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Competitive entries are up

Yup, they are posted.

King, Kllian, Schlarb, Vollet, Mackey in the marathon.  Nice.

14 comments:

  1. Down 5. Simultaneous "awesome" and "dammit".

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you look at the women, we move down even further.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally, a race in the Big Boys event.

    JV - you against the hill, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carpenter, and all other prior champs, have the option to declare pretty late. A good option in my opinion for the champs that have earned it.

    I have no idea what Matt is going to do, but I would not be surprised if he did not do it this year. In post race interviews last year he clearly indicated he was not even sure if he would do it last year.

    Nick - curious as to how you see the break down of this race - particularly as you have seen these guys racing up close. It appears to be a contest between KJ and King, and on paper it would seem to be KJ's to lose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is a stacked field. It would not at all surprise me if Mackey wins. But obviously Kilian and Max are going to be the favorites. Never count out Mr. Mackey.

    Of course, if Carpenter shows up, he's the guy. I know of at least two Matt sightings on Pikes up above 13,000 feet.

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frosty in the Ascent. Is she considered the favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Frosty is a badass. I can't imagine anyone better for that race.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope to be at the spur drinking beer, watching the marathon, if anyone wants to join me. And someone let Frosty know she's welcome to crash at my place. I'd invite Killian as well but I don't have room for the huge camera/production crew that always follows him around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kilian's to lose. Vollet is no slouch and King will do better on Pikes than he has at S-Z and Zegama, IMO. Much more of a runner's course, with altitude - as always - being the X-factor. Don't see Mackey or Schlarb winning, but certainly both have the ability to go 3:50-4:00. Alex Nichols is another who could do well.

    Women, Ascent: The nordic skier from Idaho who just won Loon (Arritola) is running the ascent, I believe. Dobson, Erholtz too? I'd say it's Dobson's to lose, with Arritola as my next pick. Frosty is strong, but not the favorite in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Frost was only third at PPA two years ago. Is she dating Anton?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't imagine a couple of free spirits like those two "dating".

    ReplyDelete
  12. I heard Anton and Katie Holmes are now an item.

    ReplyDelete
  13. No, no, guys. Anton is dating Brandon F.

    ReplyDelete