Survey that is going out to registered Scouters and parents of Scouts.
A good list of all the Sky series races by category (vert, ultra, sky) for 2013.
According to the website this AM, Wave 2 of the Ascent is 96% full. I imagine Wave 1 will stay open for some time. Gazette article on the races. A lot of good stuff in the Endurance Planet podcast on Pikes this week from Lucho and Tawnee.
18.5 miles. Felt great the first five miles. Fell apart in the heat (no water) in the last six miles. Well, sort of heat. 80. A bit warmer than it has been recently. Ended up seeking out some snow under north side of some pines a couple of times to get some water and ice relief on my head.
I think had I gone to Green (considered it) I would have gotten this amount of time on my feet but not been fried out towards the end like I was here (tree coverage, cooler). I just didn’t feel up for making the journey to Boulder today (in part because I had to pack for a Scout camping trip for the weekend this afternoon). In any case, even though I blew up, and I was never really paying attention to pace, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the average pace was still under 8s. Not zippy but better than what blow ups like this have been in the past (an odd way to measure progress I guess … I did not suck as bad as I did before).
Green is probably done for the month for me … off to camp this weekend, then a couple of weeks on the road.
No comments:
Post a Comment