Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Wednesday 030614

Apparently putting a race on the San Juans is a PITA.

Enjoyed this short post:  there are four types of folks on your team:  sheepdogs, sheep, corpses and terrorists.

TSA is easing up on some of their carry on standards.    Start packing your pocket knives, toy bats and golf clubs. 

Snowshoe racing up MW.  Ugh.

Some stuff that caught my eye today.

#22 today.  Avoided the slush for the most part by going up Flagstaff Road.  Have not done that in a pretty good amount of time.  Took it casually, 43:15ish (I think my best is 40:29, and so I am thinking I can get that with a touch of work). 

image 
Took it really slow in the Hokas through the snow above the road (the Bondis are a road shoe with little grip in the slush snow ice).  Had fun buzzing back down the hill, averaging just a hair over 6 minute pace on the way back down.  Yeah, that was fun. 
IMG_0468IMG_0470

Strava lit up like a Christmas tree when I uploaded this one as I had not done it before.  Little big headed to post it here, but I like how Strava captures some of the splits on these segments, but I have not found how I can capture that history when I come back on the run later.  Hence – it is here.

image  

13.3 on the day.

4 comments:

  1. You can bring your pocket knife as long as it isn't 2.37"....that seems a bit arbitrary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sort of like 3.4 ounces of liquid, gels or aerosols.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen the Sound City documentary yet? It's really really good. BTW - John Fogerty looks younger than Dave! After sound city, check out Searching for Sugarman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JV told me to check out the Sugarman thing. I will get to that. I need to catch up on the Sound City show too.

      Delete