AM – over at the res, a short warm up, a 5k in which I was terribly flat and it was more like a tempo effort with a slow start in which I got slower, a 1k with JZ and then some jogging with Bob. More on the race later, but it was great to see Jeff, Bob, Lucho, and of course run with JZ.
11.2 miles.
3 more with KZ in the afternoon. She asked me to go over to the track with her to do a bit of pace work. More on that soon too.
But … amazing day where I got to run hard, run with my son, run with my daughter, run with friends, and share in this community. Not much better than that. Damn, I am a lucky dude.
Ah, a great day, indeed! I think the temps warmed up and we all just got a reminder of the things that matter most and complaining about the weather became a thing of the past. For two weeks anyway, until it gets too hot :). Glad you had a fun run day with fam and friends.
ReplyDeleteRight. It was seventy something and folks were saying how hot it was. Funny, we will think that is cold in 30 days.
DeleteNice.
ReplyDeleteYup, it was.
DeleteDoes lucho have on a race bib? and jeans?
ReplyDeleteYes. He did. He won the 15k in 48 minutes.
DeleteNah, just kidding. It was a fun run/ walk for a kilo to benefit a Down Syndrome Awareness organization.
Holy crap, check out that beard on Bob! Looks like a lobster fisherman. Thank god for spring (finally). It even cracked 50 up here yesterday.
ReplyDeleteBob is apparently doing a lot of typing of some manifesto in his hideaway.
DeleteA family day indeed.
ReplyDeleteYup! It was a blast.
DeleteBob == Unibomber in training for Santa. Real men run in Jeans. Real AWESOME men run in Jorts.
ReplyDeleteAS CUT OFFS.
Delete