Friday, December 27, 2013

Friday 122713

Bizarre dreams last night and not even brew induced.  Altitude does odd things to a person.  

AM – six miles with the dogs  Towards the end, I did a bunch of up and down on a nearby hill.  Not really that steep or that long but it does not take much for me at this altitude at this point.

IMG_2325 IMG_2330 IMG_2334IMG_2337
Afternoon goofing at the cabin.  The solar cell looks like it needs some work.  The dogs enjoyed chasing out pack rats in the area. 
IMG_2342 IMG_2354 IMG_2382 IMG_2392IMG_2408

Later I got out for another four miles.  Then got out for a walk.
IMG_2406
Mostly relaxing …IMG_2314

This period of time with the family in the mountains has become a pattern over the last few years.  I step away on my runs and find that my thoughts start to wander, contemplating the past, considering the future, both short and long term.  As this coincides with the New Year, these musings can be interpreted as resolutions.  They really are not, but more an outcome of being here where my mind gets a bit more quiet than usual.  I wonder if I’d be more inclined to keep these “resolutions” if I could quiet my mind to get to this space more frequently.

More on what these resolutions are in another post.  Or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment