Footlocker boys race from the weekend: if you can;t bear to watch the whole thing, tune in around 13 minutes into the video. Four lead changes and elbows flying in the last half mile.
Yeah, I love a good race. I don’t care if it is guys like that above racing each other, or a couple of six year olds, or ninety year olds. Or just one dude against the clock and his own PR. I sort of down care if it is trail, road, track, hill or flat. I like a race.
Which is why I sort of find this sort of funny: Flotrack which does a pretty bang up job of tracking the sport, caught that some team of guys in Belgium broke the 100km treadmill record (a record once previously held by a team that included IM multiple time champ Craig Alexander), but no word of the 12 hour action in Arizona. Impressive that they did do it at sub five minute mile pace for the whole thing I guess. More funny: Getting more play on Letsrun than Bitter’s run is Japan’s Kawauchi running 11 marathons this year including six sub 2:12s. Gotta love the threads that spawn from that in the Letsrun message board hell hole.
Interesting blast from the past on Goucher in HS. If you are a real XC geek for CO, this article is crazy. Fun to see some familiar names in there (Ricks, Crandall, Briney, Samuelson, Brittan).
Really, these guys are our allies? Yup, I am okay with fraking if we can cut that relationship off (yes, that is a foray into the political arena that I might just go all charlie sierra on and remove).
Windy day – again.
At least the wind keeps the bugs away.
Seeing the trees billow and office flags fully furled had me less than stoked to get out. I got a message from co-worker Steve M that he was up for a run, and that broke the ice. At high 8s, 9s and 10s heading west into the big winds, it was low 7s, sixes and even touching five on the way back. I was motivated enough after doing five and a half with him that I headed out for another 4.5 to round it for 10 on the day. Fastest running I have done over a month, but heavily wind assisted when it happened. Fun though.
Post the run I hit the gym – working a variety of things from arms (bi dumbell curls, tri extensions) and chest (machine press, pretty sure I’d be hurting to get a 135 weighted bar up at this point) and abs … and legs. I got about 2/3rds of the way through Bring Sally Up doing squats with a dumbbell before I caved. Damn. Also quad extensions, hammie curls, dumbbell squats, and eccentric calf drops. With the run and the gym, I was fried. Post a run, I usually feel good. Post a gym workout I feel like I want to barf. Post a gym workout where I ran before I feel like I want to go to bed and barf in it.
A friend sent me this picture from the summer when I had a hair cut.
This hair thing is highly over rated.
Got five definites on the Solstice Slog. Well at least according to FB. That means probably me and one other person in reality. :) I’d drop FB in three heart beats but when I get to read gems like this from my friends, I realize I am hooked for life.
LOVE IT when the letsrun guys trash ultrarunning! FYI, Dave Wottle could have run 100 miles on the track in nine hours.
ReplyDeleteBolt is so going to take the mile record down.
DeleteWow, that was an awesome video. Those young whippersnappers ran with a lot of guts, they were really booking it.
ReplyDeleteYeah, blowing down that hill was pretty cool.
Delete