Friday, February 7, 2014

Friday 020714

Honnold is nucking futs.  This (and my video ref to Muse yesterday) makes me realize – again – how masters make things look ridiculously easy, even when we can see they are insanely hard.

A triple run race around Kite Lake for next fall.  Hmmm.

Ah, yes … the IOC buries cases of positive drug tests. 

Aish seems to get a bit of deserved flack in the ultrarunning as he showed up that time with the hype and those cameras, but he does catch capture the spirit of some of it well (even though it is an ad video, hat tip to Kieran).   His posts, if they continue on like this one, look to be enjoyable.  Also in Leadville news an interview with the guy who has completed it 30 times.

If you were interested … the effects of staying in an altitude tent after a workout. (actually a pointer to a couple of studies)

Little more insight to Salazar and his stable of record crushers.

I think I have posted this before but I still think it is one of the best races ever.

Afternoon – a balmy 30 at the start.  11.1 miles easy ramping into steady.  Like this (as someday this thing I call easy would then be epic).

image

I noticed today (actually I have noticed previously but it was increasingly clear today) that the arse pain / rock I get on my right side – does not really flare up on the mill.  Which is to say, it starts to when outside, and as expected, harder or longer efforts begin to bring it out.  Interesting.

3 comments:

  1. Honnold is an alien.

    The Wottle vid is great, post it every week if you want.

    You reminded me I needed to look up the winter '76 Franz Klammer downhill. Balls-to-the-wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both this video and the Wottle vid have me recalling (can I say that?) how sports were called differently in the 70s. It seems foreign now but recollections of guys rocketing across the Grand Canyon on Wide World of Sports. Different then.

    And that skiing is nuts. It is hard to fathom how steep that is until you get on the hill. It looks like a green run in the video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Aish transcribes as well as he speaks. Looking forward to a some epic posts from this man! A legend. Great addition to the sport!

    ReplyDelete