Friday, February 21, 2014

Friday 022114

Fun …

image

Easy 3.5 miles.  A little bit of hmm around the calf but not bad.  Jogging was real easy.  I got some feedback from folks recently that I ought to just rest outright for a few weeks … and they are probably right.  But I …... I just wanted to get outside and jog with my dog. 

Today’s running related reads … an interesting article on Crossfit.  And be careful crossing the street, okay?  Not running related:  learn the difference between a cappuccino and a latte.

A few more fun pix from XC

Women’s masters’s race.IMG_3201
One of these guys is an Olympian.  And if memory serves me right, second at Boston twice.IMG_3210
Lot of gray hair in there but the spirit has not changed over the years.IMG_3230
Someday I am gonna get this guy.  I know he will read this and do everything to never make that happen.  Until then, it will be a lot of “Good morning dickhead.”  Love him for that.  Surprised he has any enamel left on the teeth with the way he clenches them for every race.IMG_3303 This guy will be on the squad next year.  No excuses.IMG_3338 Hopefully these guys too.  IMG_3340 Got to meet Aaron.  Great guy.  Rob was a little cold.IMG_3364 The old man speaking some wisdom.  Or grumping about something.  IMG_3365
Apparently the secret is really the Pirate’s Booty.
IMG_3342
Derrick in the open race rolling folks up (as in lapping them).IMG_3394
I put these next two shots in just to compare the build, particularly in the quad between track / road runner Vaughn (who has won this race in the past), and mountain ultra guy Gray.IMG_3398IMG_3396

70 pushups (1 set) yesterday.  150 today (3 sets of 50).

2 comments:

  1. Brent looks like a malnourished spider.

    We ran some of Old Magnolia Road today - in THOSE winds. OMG! Then we shoved a ton of food down our face at Tangerine, so the "run" was almost worth it.

    Good to hear the calf wasn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That spider is pretty fast. Check out the stories of how he was burned as a kid and had to undergo several skin grafts.

      Delete