Monday, February 3, 2014

Monday 020314

Craig Virgin (if you don’t know who he is running, go look him up) has created a bit of a firestorm by questioning the secret nature of TUE’s in athletic competition, and specifically using Galen’s recent ridiculous performances as the platform for that.  I think his questions are fair.

Finally a true excellent purpose to Facebook:  determining the boundary between the Sox and Yankee fans in CT.

Pretty tired today.  The week and the weekend catching up to me I guess.  Did not feel particularly motivated but … as is the case so many times, once I get them laced up, and then a mile and then another, I feel better.  Physically and mentally.  The battle to get out on days like these is always there.  But I very rarely regret getting out.  Even if it is a craptastic run, nearly every time I am glad that I got out.  I hung easy (7:35 pace, AHR 144, MHR 149) in the snow-slush and cold for the first five and then just to mix it up I did a minute on, minute off for a while.  Once I got to the golf course, lunch caught up to me and I had to hit the 8th green bathroom.  Mile to warm down.  10.2 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment