Saturday, January 16, 2016

Saturday 16JAN2016

PC blew up en route to San Diego today, so I will post from the phone for a few days.

We got to San Diego, got numbers for tomorrow, got some eats and played on the beach. I saw and chatted with Dick and Rick Hoyt in the elevator. As I was headed off to bed, I ran into Bill Lawrence, a guy I have known from the Boulder scene for 20 years now. Bill was kind enough to remind me he ran 16 flat at 5k here in Carlsbad when he was 46.

Got out for 3 something miles to shake out the legs.  Maybe a touch creaky around the knees?  I feel heavy but will go for it tomorrowanyways.  Got to figure sea level counts for something.  

Apparently there is a 90 minute pace group and I am thinking I will start with that.  It will either feel just right, too fast or too slow.  I will probably make a call on that at 2 miles.

2 comments:

  1. It's never too bad by the ocean. Or near the home of Stone Brewing, which I hear has an awesome beer garden at one of their locations...

    My company had an office in Carlsbad and closed it for fiscal reasons or some dumb reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll second that Stone recommendation, nice place (if you're back to imbibing). Good luck with that race.

    ReplyDelete