Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Tuesday 12JAN2016

“Quality in a service or product is not what you put into it. It is what the client or customer gets out of it.” ~Peter Drucker

AM jog.  Four miles.

A bit challenging to get out when it felt much earlier than it was, and it was dark and cold.  I probably ought to have jumped on some quality work yesterday, or last night.  Getting going this AM when it felt like 3:30 and I was a bit stiff was not going to happen right away.  Rather than fight the shoulder of the roads, I found the paths on the local links to be a nice place to hide out.  Although when a bunny goes across the trail, I did notice a slight uptick in the heart beat.

Gonna miss this FA this weekend but I recommend it.

10 things to watch in TnF if you are still interested.

I might just have to do his Mountain Athlete thing.

Basically where you ought to get ultra news.

… now all it takes is a small positional error in recumbent unconsciousness, and you’re walking around with a crick in your neck for three days …

Full work day
image

Evening – dragging a bit a a bit sore, but I felt that I had to remain committed to a Tuesday something of quality … even though it was dark, it was windy and I was a bit pressed for time.  I found the Rock City Campground and elected to do a true up fartlek – not getting into a specific pace, distance or time other than “to that light pole.”  There was nobody in the campground … well except one car with a young couple doing what young couples do when they are the only car in a campground in the dark.  I pressed by and finished the remainder of the run towards the back of a nearby car dealership.  6 miles.

This is just a ridiculous number of climbs on the Incline. 

6 comments:

  1. I'd highly recommend any of the Mountain Athlete stuff. Rob is a good guy who has done a great job of building that place from nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What you are posting is certainly inspiring.

      Delete
  2. I don't know how much time you have in Concord (away from work) but I highly recommend the hour drive to Uhwarrie to run one of my all time favorite trails/races!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like most trips, it was an in and out affair.

      Delete