Sunday, November 11, 2018

Week ending 11NOV2018

A good week of training … got a Green in (Tuesday), some repeats in (Monday, Friday) and some weight room work focused on the lower body in.   Miles on whole were fair as well.

I had considered heading out to Green this AM (Sunday) but chickened out, as we got hit with some snow.  I figured I’d save that fight for a day where I had a bit more time and willingness to deal with equipment.

I signed up for the NXR Citizen’s race in PHX next week.  I don’t figure to make any huge splash in that, and should be running just under 20 minutes as I did all summer. 

The mix of Green, and then shorter stuff with the HS distance kids, signing up for a 5k race, overall miles, and weight work pretty much summarizes how I'd like to train over the next few months.  That is I see it as a program that mixes in a fair amount of volume (8-12 hours a week), climbing ideally once a week, getting in some quality stuff at the shorter end of things, and some weight work focused on leg strength development.  Thus, it is not a program that is really phased at this point – like “hey this is the climbing phase” or “this is the period of the year in which I work on volume exclusively.”  It is blended (or what I have heard some call “multi-phased”) at this point, giving me flexibility for interruptions like the holidays or travel or weather, and hitting on all the items I need to consider … because I am weak to some degree in all of them.  If it is missing anything it might be the long run – as in something greater than 2.5 hours, but as the older “seasoned” athlete, I don’t need to hit that as much at this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment