Saturday, April 6, 2024

Saturday 06APR2024

Thursday day - mid day - 7 miles.  Started a routine this AM of basic calisthenics, focused on the legs ... as weak as it sounds, it was things like going to my knees, and then getting up like a lunge on each side a dozen times, and some basic dumbbell RDLs.

Later afternoon - 5 miles with strides (20 on, 1:40 jog - so on 2 minutes)

Friday - mid morning - 4.5 miles.  I did the routine again, but I can tell I am already a bit sore from it from yesterday.

Later afternoon - a dragging 7.6 miles.

ATU, the Lucho and Tawnee podcast announced they are shutting it down for a bit.  I have been listening to that for over a decade, and if I recall correctly, I may have even been a cohost for an episode.  I don't think I have ever missed an episode.  It has been a cool ride with the two of them in my ears for a lot of runs.  If you have never heard it, go back and spin a few.

Saturday - 12.1 miles.  I was feeling sort of draggy to start so I decided I nudge the gas a hair for a mile and then relax a mile - just to break it up mentally.  It ended up being a good run, averaging just about 8 minute pace when it was going backwards after the first four.  I did the last mile with strides (20 seconds on, and then 1:40 jogging - so on two minutes).





No comments:

Post a Comment