Thursday, February 14, 2008

Thursday, 021408, 11 miles (8, 3)

So I felt better today. Not as tight, not as sore in the abs. And what sucks is I am not wholly sure why. It could be:
  • I had an easy day yesterday (after three somewhat more challenging days).
  • I ate ice cream last night
  • I have not run on a treadmill in a couple of days
  • Venus is in the constellation of Virgo
  • I took some vitamin I (okay, Ibuprofen!) like my medical provider advised me.

But in any case, I felt a bit zippier. Slept great last night too. But my point here is we are not simple experiments where you control one variable and then something else moves. And sometimes, like today, that drives me a bit nuts. Am I just hiding this soreness with Advil? Or am I recovering a bit? And other times, I really don't care ... just run and improve.

It snowed today (after that 65+ yesterday). I got out mid afternoon for an easy 8 (1 hour) and then tacked on an easy 3 a little later. I have avoided the mill for a couple of days but I might be forced back to it tomorrow. It will be interesting to see if this causes a flare up in my stomach area again. Then again, I did not have ice cream tonight.

2 comments:

  1. i think it was the ice cream. i eat frozen yogurt every night...and make up a million reasons why this is a good idea..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anton swears by ice cream. That guy is doing something right ...

    http://antonkrupicka.blogspot.com/

    Good luck at Nats this weekend!

    ReplyDelete