So the tank hill is either not steep enough or not long enough. Or actually both. At least when compared to Linden. That said, it still kicked my butt in a nice "this will make you better someday" sort of way. Short warmup (14 min), and then did five of these hills at an effort slightly above race pace. The purpose of this workout was to "break in" or "blow off the rust," so I was not expecting a lot, and hence did not look to kill this work. Instead, I am trying to get into the routine of doing such workouts, building the effort within them, etc. The times mean nothing to no-one but me because I know where I start the hill and end the hill (and describing it here would be nuts).
- 4:08 (breaking into the hill); 4:53R (same route down)
- 3:55, 4:37R
- 3:51; 4:30R
- 3:48; 5:00R
- 3:40
Total run was 58 min. Calves were a bit tight in the run, but not a big deal. Legs did not have a ton of pop as a result, but I chose not to let that be an issue. Nonetheless, by the time I got to the fourth one, I was beginning to feel the work in my arms. Ah, the familiar fun and good feelings.
In the PM, I did Green. 42 up, 28 down (70RT). I was taking it pretty easy throughout though - stopping to take in some views that I normally don't take in. Of course, I needed to take it easy I was fairly worked already.
128 min on the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment