Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday 062308 Three short runs

Jogged with TZ for a bit this AM.  20 minutes easy jogging.  This is just a wake up run.  They are really slow ... just get me going for the morning, wake up my legs.  Usually when I start I am really stiff and gimpy ... it takes about ten minutes to get to a point where I can run.

Mid day I hit the office treadmill for some easy jogging at 15% grade.  14:30, 13:30, 13:12 ... so about 41 minutes.  This too was an easy run ... just slogging through a grade run to clear things out a bit, get a little bit of movement in at low muscular stress.  Arguably a run outside this time of year would be much nicer, but this (treadmill) puts me into a situation where I control what I am doing much more.  Moved weights around for a bit too (shoulders, tris, bis, chest, back ... 20 minutes ... low weight, high rep stuff to good burn)

Evening, I hit Sanitas.  I can't ever say Sanitas is easy, unless I am walking it.   It is just varying degrees of hard.  I left the effort geared back a few notches, so a mid level effort ... decided not to look at the watch at all until the finish.  19:22.  I think this is my run under 20 up the bugger this year.  11:50 down.  This was not too hard, particularly on the front end ... when I go after this hill I tend to really attack from the front end (which usually leaves me just hanging on for dear life on the second half).  Sub 19 next for sure.

1:35 of running on the day.  The runs got better throughout the day!

Various tidbits ...

  • Wardian posts about his upcoming WS100 following the MWRR
  • Yesterday, for whatever reason, my gut decided to empty all its contents.  Given we went out to lunch with a bunch of friends at Maggiano's, my running to the rest room four times ... well, it was interesting (I might of been the only one to have lost weight at the meal).  I can tell that I am a bit depleted today.
  • I had a great conversation with JW today about training ... more on that later
  • Attended a forum on Mountain Running at Fleet Feet tonight with Susan Nuzum, Andy Ames, and Rickey Gates as panel speakers.  Quote of the night from Rickey, "when I put my shoes on, I am not sure what I am going to do for training that day ... but there is a smile on my face."

No comments:

Post a Comment